British Open Tour
The 144th Open Championship
Luxury Scottish Golf Tour
The Open Championship was first played on 17 October 1860 at Prestwick Golf Club in Scotland. The inaugural tournament was restricted to professionals and attracted a field of eight golfers who played three rounds of Prestwick’s twelve-hole course in a single day. Willie Park, Sr. won with a score of 174, beating the favourite Old Tom Morris, by two strokes. The following year the tournament was opened to amateurs; eight of them joined ten professionals in the field. The Open has always been dominated by professionals, with only six victories by amateurs, all of which occurred between 1890 and 1930. In 1995, The Open became part of the PGA Tour’s official schedule. John Daly’s playoff win over Italian Costantino Rocca began another era of American domination. Tiger Woods has won three Championships to date, two at St Andrews in 2000 and 2005, and one at Hoylake in 2006. There was a dramatic moment at St Andrews in 2000, as the ageing Jack Nicklaus waved farewell to the crowds, while the young challenger to his crown watched from a nearby tee. Nicklaus later decided to play in The Open for one final time in 2005, when the R&A announced St Andrews as the venue, giving his final farewell to the fans at the Home of Golf. In 1873 the “Home of Golf” became the second course to host the Open. Nowadays, it does so more often than any other course. Since 1990 it has been scheduled every fifth year and The Golf Touring Company look forward to welcoming you to the town for the 144th Open Championship
- Tour fully escorted by a member of The Touring Company staff throughout the trip, please contact us for the full itinerary.
- Return flights ex Sydney/Brisbane/Melbourne (subject to availability)
9 days travel insurance – nil excess
- Scottish breakfast daily
13 nights’ Accommodation – Twin Share Basis
- Accommodation in St Andrews is only 200m away from the 18th Green
- 9 rounds of Championship golf at Royal Lytham, Southport; Ainsdale, Old Prestwick, Turnberry, Gleneagles, Trump International, Carnoustie , Kittocks and Kingsbarns
- 9 dinners; 1 Lunch
- Links Golf Clinic at Turnberry
- Season pass to The Open Championship – Sunday to Sunday (access at your leisure)
- [email protected] please email for full itinerary. For this package a non-refundable deposit of $2,500 + full payment of flights due 7 days after confirmation. Balance is due 1st FEB 2015. Subject to currency fluctuations. Price is correct as at 21st July 2014.
- Due to exceptional demand there is limited availability for this exclusive package and if you wish to secure the package for your group you will need to move quickly